Community College of Allegheny County
Librarian (Reg FT 12 months, with benefits)
Library & Technical Svcs
: College Wide
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 26, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. These are regular full-time tenure-track 12 month positions with benefits. These positions are located at Allegheny and South Campus.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Provide quality library services to the college community.
Master's degree in the field of library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited graduate program; three years of professional library work preferred; including a knowledge of information, public, and circulation services procedures; knowledge in the use of computers in contemporary library services; familiarity with materials processing; and academic library instruction experience. Academic library experience preferred.
- Provide reference and research assistance to individuals
- Participate in the library instruction program.
- Participate and liaise with faculty in collection development activities.
- Participate in the publicity efforts of the library and the college.
- Participate in updates in the Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, library website, etc.
- Promote the utilization of the library resources with faculty.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff.
- Communicate with the technical services staff concerning cataloging and processing of library materials.
- Recommend assignments and their priorities for clerical staff in the library area to the supervisors.
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to the library area.
- Serve on appropriate committees.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr
, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=144