Coastline Community College seeks an exemplary and experienced leader who embraces the community college mission and is committed to student success. This is a contract, twelve months per year, educational administrator position reporting to the Vice President of Student Services. Under general direction, the Dean of Students will provide leadership for student development programs and a variety of student services areas and functions.
* Promote and educate students on acceptable conduct and keep the campus community informed of student codes of conduct; Board Policies and Administrative Procedures, and behavioral issues; collaborate with the College Behavioral Assessment Team to evaluate and assist students in crisis.
* Serve as the college disciplinary officer; develop and enhance educational programs, investigate student behavior reports, process appeals, initiate warnings, suspension, and disciplinary actions.
* Provide administrative direction for Student Life, Associated Student Government, EOPS, CARE, NextUp, CalWORKs, Guardian Scholars, Mental Health Counseling, Outreach & Recruitment, Student Equity, and Title IX. Manage other programs and projects, as assigned.
* Serve as a student services liaison with District personnel and with other colleges related to student support, leadership development, and services.
* Lead or participate in district-wide or College committees, initiatives, teams, or ad hoc groups as assigned.
* Supervise the preparation and submission of timely and accurate reports to meet college, state, and federal requirements.
* Coordinate various campus programs, cultural awareness, and social activities on campus; support faculty and staff in their efforts to offer special programs on campus.
* Support community building programs for students including service learning projects and community service activities.
* Coordinate the development of student services publications and promotions.
* Develop, implement and evaluate assigned student support programs and planning strategies, integrating planning with budgeting.
* Participate in the hiring, evaluation, performance intervention and retention of faculty and staff members in areas of supervision, and make appropriate recommendations to the Vice President of Student Services.
* Coordinate the preparation, submission and administration of assigned student support services operating budgets and grants.
* Ensure program compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and requirements; analyze, interpret and apply laws and District policies and procedures.
* Assist with distribution of the reports identifying concerns over student behavior, i.e., review of reports in the Maxient system to determine appropriate action and serve as a member of the student conduct team and Behavioral Assessment Team (BAT).
* Serve as the lead on Program Review, Student Learning, and Service Area Outcomes for Student Services Programs.
* Work cooperatively and provide leadership as a member of the college management team consistent with the mission and function of the College and District.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.