Instruct classes in Special Education as assigned.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in rehabilitation counseling from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Master’s degree or higher in special education AND 24 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, or social work from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Master’s degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare; AND either 12 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically in counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities, OR two years of full-time experience in one or more of the following: A) Counseling or guidance for students with disabilities; or B) Counseling and/or guidance in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities; OR
4. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
5. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1, 2, or 3 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials.)