Director, Training Institute (Revised and Extended)
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 2/8/2019 at 11:55 PM
The ideal candidate will share State Center Community College District's commitment to empowering our colleges in their efforts to promote exemplary educational opportunities and to provide safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environments leading to student success and global competitiveness which will transform our region.
Under the administrative direction of the Vice Chancellor, Educational Services & Institutional Effectiveness the Director, Training Institute will work in collaboration with college leadership and will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, controlling and directing contract education programs and selected special programs;
- Providing leadership for new program development and new program implementation;
- Monitoring and evaluating programs for quality, effectiveness, compliance, and student success;
- Identifying, developing, and implementing grant funded, and third party funded, training programs;
- Overseeing all financial activities of the department, including budget development, budget monitoring and control, and expenditures;
- Managing the contracting process as required by the District for contract education activities;
- Acting as the primary point of contact for contract education activities for business, industry, governmental agencies, and internal stakeholders;
- Developing partnerships, and leveraging resources, to effectively serve the community;
- Managing marketing, advertising and promotion for contract education and Training Institute programs;
- Leading continuous improvement efforts for effective and efficient delivery of not-for-credit programs;
- Working collaboratively with all college sites to provide contract education programs;
- Supervising and evaluating the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees; and
- Performing additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
- Masters AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrators administrative assignment;
- A valid California Community College Supervisory Credential;
- All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice.
Conditions of Employment:
- Experience with continuing education, professional development, and/or contract education programs;
- Experience with the development, implementation and oversight of special programs within a community college;
- Strong marketing skills, and experience with the development of marketing materials;
- Experience with grant and categorically funded programs;
- Strong financial analysis and budget oversight skills;
- Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Knowledge of the districts mission and goals.
223 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 245 days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $108,727 $137,010 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the recommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Vice Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 1519.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu