PRESIDENT, LOS ANGELES SOUTHWEST COLLEGE
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Los Angeles Southwest College. The Board is seeking a well-qualified candidate with demonstrated experience in academic, administrative and student services programs and is a dynamic, innovative and energetic leader with skills to move the college to greater excellence. The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the primary mission of the community college, which includes transfer and vocational education, as well as basic skills preparation and community service programs.
A master's degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university or a California credential authorizing administrative service at the community college level. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application.
Two years successful full-time experience in administrative positions in higher education at a level with significant decision-making responsibilities and/or comparable business and industry experience.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college faculty, staff and students.
The current salary range is $195,021 to $241,597 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, comprehensive medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans, and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To review the full brochure and to apply for this position, applicants are required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account, allowing documents to be saved and uploaded as attachments. The application address is https://laccd.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=6&c=laccd
All applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed LACCD application.
2. A letter of application preferably five pages or less, which provides examples from background and experience to demonstrate how your knowledge and expertise relate to the position as described in this brochure.
3. A current resume of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
4. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
5. Copies of transcript(s) (official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview). Documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries. For a list of approved foreign transcript evaluation agencies, please go to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
The search committee will begin reviewing applications after March 30, 2018; however, late applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on March 30, 2018.
For additional information, contact LACCD Human Resources at (213) 891-2290; firstname.lastname@example.org
For confidential inquiries or to forward nominations, contact search consultants at PPL Incorporated:
Dr. Benjamin T. Duran, email@example.com
Dr. Lisa A Sugimoto, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 562 972-8983
LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer