Orange Coast College is currently seeking one full-time tenure track Engineering instructor commencing in Fall 2017. The primary teaching assignment involves academic transfer courses in Engineering. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development. The current emphasis on workforce development in the California Community Colleges ( http://doingwhatmatters.cccco.edu/StrongWorkforce.aspxhttp://doingwhatmatters.cccco.edu/StrongWorkforce.aspx) and goal of serving industry partners through our programs opens the potential for curriculum growth in career and technical education in the field of Engineering.
The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of Orange Coast College and the Coast Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of Engineering and career development programs.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide instruction in engineering in the full range of courses in the community college level Engineering curriculum.
* Provide leadership in the development and revision of engineering curriculum to meet the needs of both transfer and work-force bound students.
* Participate in curriculum evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
* Demonstrate an understanding of/desire to learn the needs of the Engineering workforce in Orange County and develop appropriate industry partnerships for curriculum enhancement.
* Serve as a coordinator and mentor for partnerships with local universities, high-schools and industry.
* Develop and maintain Engineering laboratory curriculum and equipment to meet current industry standards.
* Maintain current knowledge in the subject and related matter areas.
* Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
* Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
* Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.
* Lead and/or participate in industry advisory committees. Use environmental scans, economic, needs assessment, and other objective data analysis methods to improve program and curriculum.
* Participate as required to improve programs, course offerings, create a positive learning environment, and achieve college goals and objectives.