Provides oversight and leadership to comprehensive Enrollment Services units including Admissions & Records (and its components, i.e., graduation, faculty services, student veteran services, registration, and evaluation), Financial Aid, and other programs and services such as international student programs. The Dean of Enrollment Services coordinates and plans enrollment management initiatives and efforts with other areas of Student Services and instructional programs to ensure accomplishments of the College's strategic plans.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Dean for Enrollment Services is an academic administrator, directing and implementing the College's activities and staff of Enrollment Services. The incumbent plans, organizes, implements, and administers the Enrollment Services departments through subordinate managers and supervisors in admissions and records, financial aid and other designated programs. The Dean must convey to students a welcoming and inclusive environment and at the same time, resolve complex and difficult issues. The Dean ensures institutional compliance with Federal and California Codes and California Community College Chancellor's Office mandates and other applicable rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Plans, organizes, and manages and evaluates the work of enrollment services directors and staff. Establishes departmental standards and work plans, priorities, and assigns and reviews the work of staff to balance workload.
* Establishes standards for directors and staff, monitors, coaches, and evaluates the performance of directors and staff to departmental requirements and personal development targets. Monitors the work of directors and staff and offers coaching for continuous performance improvement and development. Recognizes performance outcomes and takes action to address deficiencies.
* Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Enrollment Services functions by planning, goal setting, coordinating, evaluating admissions and records, registration, awarding of degrees and certificates, student financial aid, and other programs and services.
* Directs, coordinates, and participates in planning enrollment management processes.
* Coordinates efforts with other areas of student services and instructional programs to suggest improvements. Leads the Program Review process for programs under supervision and leads operational improvements based on assessment and data.
* Prepares, submits, and monitors the annual budget for all departments within Enrollment Services. Researches, proposes, and monitors approved budgets. Tracks expenditures for services, supplies, and equipment in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Conducts, engages team members, and ensures timely submission and evaluation of Program Review and Administrative Unit Outcomes (AUOs) and unit plans and strategies for continuous improvement.
* Consults with Information Technology and participates in the development and enhancement enrollment modules and features within the integrated data management systems. Ensures integrity of databases and accuracy of accounts by developing access protocols and overseeing and conducting continuous testing.
* Directs and participates in the reporting of student information and related data to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office (CCCCO) and ensures compliance with federal reporting related to Title IV. Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves data issues to assure data integrity.
* Provides leadership and advocacy in complex and difficult financial aid and admissions and records, and international programs processing, student account, grade, attendance, enrollment, reinstatement, satisfactory academic progress, and disbursement issues. Resolves student account and records issues. Confers with students on their financial aid and/or student record files.
* Reviews and determines appeals for evaluations of a variety of items such as and not limited to, in-state eligibility, unit overload petitions, prerequisites, dismissal and re-admittance, fee appeals, grade grievances, records of students, and exceptions to registration related issues.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the most recent legislation, State reporting requirements, Board Policies and Administrative Procedures, international student requirements and enterprise data management requirements. Stays up-to-date with international student requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position.