Medical Science Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
The successful candidate will be expected to . This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Possession of a valid credential, with authorizes the full-time teaching of sign language at the California community college level; OR
- Any bachelors degree and two years work experience in sign language; OR
- Any associates degree and six years work experience in sign language; OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10813
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.