Dance Education Instructor - One Semester Temporary (Fresno City College)
Fresno City College
Essential Functions of Position
- Teaching classes in the areas of modern dance and composition, all levels of ballet, choreographing works for dance performances, beginning and intermediate jazz, dance appreciation, fitness, and supervising student choreography;
- Developing and assessing curriculum and student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Providing artistic direction for dance performances;
- Coordinating of adjunct dance faculty;
- Supervising and instructing students participating in the American College Dance Festival;
- Monitoring the care and use of the dance studio and storage areas;
- Assist students with inquiries about the dance program at Fresno City College (FCC);
- Work with the Dean to oversee the co-curricular budget for the dance program at FCC;
- Participating in the meetings and other activities of the Theatre Arts and Dance Department;
- Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructional staff as required by Administrative Regulation 7122; and
- Assisting in the advancement of the institution's vitality and growth.
- Master's in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with a dance emphasis: OR
- Bachelor's in any of the above AND master's in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Conditions of Employment
- Knowledge and proficiency in various dance techniques, including ballet, modern dance, and jazz;
- Experience in choreographic and performance works and dance concert directing;
- Knowledge of dance styles and historical works as well as contemporary styles;
- Experience teaching fitness;
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals;
- Experience working with students of various background and ages; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and/or staff.
88 duty days.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $27,015 - $40,671 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $1,011 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents
, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the recommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2555.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility and must be submitted through the district's online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
Additional Information about the Position
This is a one-semester temporary full-time position.
Open Until Filled
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW