Accounting Instructor (Madera Community College Center)
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 5/5/2017 at 11:55 PM
Madera Community College Center
- Organizing and teaching accounting-related classes, such as Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Applied Accounting, Tax Accounting, and Cooperative Work Experience in Accounting;
- Serving on college and district committees;
- Participating in Business department meetings and advisory committee meetings;
- Promoting student success by assisting students obtain certificates, degrees, transfer or employment in accounting;
- Developing and assessing student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by AR7122; and
- Assisting in the advancement of the institutional vitality and growth.
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening, weekends, or off-campus.
- Masters in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration; OR
- Bachelors in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis; AND masters in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires and equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
(NOTE: A bachelors degree in accountancy or business administration with an accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to Title 5 Section 53410.1.)
Conditions of Employment:
- Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with accounting-related software;
- Experience working with a diverse student population;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and experience with web-based online learning and classroom technology;
- Capacity to contribute to the total operation of the instructional program including department, division, and college responsibilities; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $54,029 $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the recommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Madera and Oakhurst Community College Centers and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on Madera Community College Center, Reedley College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 4501.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu