Coastline Community College (CCC) is seeking a full-time, categorically funded, Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education (CTE) starting in the Summer of 2018. This assignment works closely with the Dean of Instruction for Business and CTE assisting with grant implementation and management including planning, reporting, organizing, directing, and coordinating CTE programs and grant activities for the college. The successful candidate will provide direction for grant-related activities such as instructional support services, curriculum, events, outreach, and deliverables that meet the needs of a highly diverse student population.
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates career and technical education programs and grant activities for a college within the District. Provides direction for instructional support services such as grant related curriculum, activities and deliverables that meet the needs of a highly diverse student population. Distinguishing Career Features
The Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education (CTE) reports to the Dean of Instruction for Business and Career and Technical Education. Responsible for oversight of grant activities, faculty grant assignments and reporting for various local and regional grants; including but not limited to: Strong Workforce, Perkins grants' and other grant activities managed by the CTE Office. (these are essential duties/responsibilities)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides management and leadership for program development as it relates to grant activities including tracking, additions, modifications, and deletions to degrees and certificates. Oversees and provides analysis of programs and multi-year grant activities and deliverables.
* Prepares or reviews documents for program and course development in working with faculty to produce accurate schedules, catalog information, and program publicity.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new developments and innovations in community colleges and higher education. Recommends changes to maintain relevance of programs and their activities.
* Provides leadership for faculty and staff development and learning opportunities that enhance effectiveness in the teaching and learning processes. Provides leadership support in the development and assessment of course, and program learning outcomes.
* Works cooperatively with other administrators and managers to coordinate programs and services to meet student needs. Resolves conflicts and issues within and among academic sections.
* Collaborates with Research and Institutional Effectiveness to plan collect and assess data to support grant activities and reporting.
* Develops, recommends, and monitors grant funded budgets and efficiently manages resources/budgets and maximizes financial resources based on approved funding. Ensures that program and financial reports are accurately prepared, reviewed, and submitted on a timely basis.
* Establishes standards, supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned personnel.
* Maintains operational standards to provide high quality service to students and colleagues. Provides managerial support to a climate that promotes and expects innovation, cross-cultural effectiveness.
* Remains current on legislation and regulations affecting assigned grants to adjust programs and/or services to assure compliance. Represents the District in professional development and advocacy settings at the local, state and federal levels.
* Participates on committees, task forces, and special assignments such as and not limited to instructional program review processes. Participates in the selection of faculty and staff.
* Facilitates, participates, and develops meeting materials for committees, task forces, and special work groups as assigned.
* Provides direction to faculty, managers, and staff in instructional support and grant activities.
* Coordinates and oversees report development for internal planning (e.g. District CTE Program Review).
* Assist in developing business and industry partnerships in support of grant activities.
* Learns, interprets, and applies State Education Code, Government Code, and other federal and state regulations aligned with program deliverables.
* Performs other related duties as required to support the objectives of the position.