Plans, develops, and manages outreach strategies and actions for maintaining and enhancing military and related contract education enrollments, programs and services. Develops and implements action plans to reach military-affiliated prospects, local and national businesses, and other agencies to increase awareness of services, and maximize the number of clients served.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Manager, Military Programs Outreach and Partnerships is a first-line management position that works with a team of home and remote counselors, advisors, and student services support staff to not only maximize student enrollments, but also to offer a continuous awareness about Coastline's educational products, programs and services available for program expansion, and to support readiness for career and four-year college success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops, implements, facilitates and maintains marketing and outreach plans and budgets built on measurable performance benchmarks that expand College's presence within the military, government, and workforce environments.
* Develops supporting programs and strategies for enhancing student retention and expansion, exposure to additional services, and systems for contractor and student feedback and satisfaction.
* Sets performance goals & quotas, builds a performance plan, analyzes data, designs and facilitates training and establishes territories.
* Facilitates development and implementation of partnerships with higher education institutions, government agencies, and U.S. Military Services. Facilitates and maintains positive and collaborative relationships with partners.
* Coordinates with college management, articulation officers and military counselors to develop articulation agreements, thus providing Coastline military and workforce graduates with more choices of institutions offering Bachelor's degrees and a smooth transition into those programs.
* Establishes standards for staff, and monitors coaches, and appraises the performance of home and remote staff according to departmental requirements and personal development targets.
* Establishes and manages best administrative practices, policies, and accountabilities as outlined in contracts, MOU's, and other partnership agreements. Ensures compliance with College and all other entities governing higher education.
* Initiates and establishes systematic processes to engage faculty, department chairs, academic deans in recommending development and delivery of new degree and certificate programs and practices that meet student and client needs.
* Works with the College's student services administrators, counselors, and staff to expand and drive support services to meet student, client, contractual, and program needs and contribute to high levels of student retention.
* Manages, evaluates, and continually enhances the department's day-to-day operational procedures to ensure access to, and safety and security of student and government required records.
* Assists with the preparation of proposals for new contracts, grants, and other funding opportunities. Develop, recommends, and oversees approved budgets for assigned programs.
* Prepares statistical and project reports and gives presentations about programs offered, students served, and assessments of program, service, and financial performance.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.