Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Type 5 Instructor For Credit Apprenticeship
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, to teach organized classes in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; to evaluate progress of students; to advise students concerning educational matters, to perform other instructionally related duties as assigned.
: starting salary will be determined the the participating agency. Responsibilities and Duties:Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information sheets.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling of materials and equipment as required.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate fields of competency within the framework of support provided by the District.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as assigned.
- Report to the Division Chairperson, Assistant Division Chair, Director or Assistant Director any condition which might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
- Supervise student aides, tutors, and readers, as appropriate.
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and Board of Trustees policies and procedures. Ability to:
- Prepare and present information and material in a classroom instructional situation.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Teaching-learning processes with special knowledge about individualizing the instruction program. When appropriate, methods and techniques of laboratory instruction including health and safety precautions.
- Possession of an associate degree, plus four (4) years of occupational experience in the subject matter area to be taught; or
- Six (6) years of occupational experience in the subject matter to be taught, a journeyman's certificate in the subject matter area to be taught, and completion of at least twelve (12) semester units of apprenticeship or college level course work; or
- Six years of occupational experience in the subject matter to be taught, and a minimum of ten years of experience as an apprenticeship instructor for the California Department of Industrial Relations Division of Apprenticeship Standards; or
- The board of trustees of a community college district, in consultation with their local academic senate and the California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Apprenticeship Standards, may adopt policies to authorize a person to serve as an apprenticeship instructor to teach apprenticeship courses in an urgency condition.
Amended: 05/14/2018 BOG
- External Opening Date: May 8, 2020
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |