COUNSELING: Adjunct POOL
Position - Mesa College currently has an assignment where hours of work are on Friday's from 8 am to 4:30 pm only.
The San Diego Community College District accepts applications for adjunct (part-time/substitute) positions for our three college campuses (City, Mesa, Miramar) and various continuing education centers on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the adjunct pool for possible assignments in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters of the academic year. Hiring departments utilize the adjunct pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to San Diego.
Assignments may include a combination of day and or evening assignments.
Mesa College currently has an assignment where hours of work are on Friday's from 8 am to 4:30 pm only.
Adjunct counselors will be required to provide general counseling services to include the following:
- Performs 1:1 and group therapy.
- Assist students in finding appropriate college and community resources to resolve problems, and crises, which interfere with their success as students.
- Provide counseling and advisement services to special program students including students on financial aid, international students, veterans, students with disabilities, athletes, and students in various retention programs.
- Degrees must be from regionally accredited institutions.
Master's degree in Counseling; Clinical Psychology; Counseling Psychology; Social Work; Marriage and Family Therapy; OR Marriage, Family and Child Counseling;
Bachelor's degree in Counseling; Rehabilitation Counseling; Clinical Psychology; Counseling Psychology; Guidance Counseling; Educational Counseling; Social Work; Career Development; Marriage and Family Therapy; OR Marriage, Family and Child Counseling;
A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) ;
Possession of a California Community College Counselor Credential (valid for life);
- At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
To apply please go to the following link: https://www.sdccdjobs.com/postings/9405