Psychiatric Technician Instructor - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This assignment may include teaching classroom theory, clinical instruction, skills lab, testing, and clinical evaluation of students to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities.
Instructor may be responsible for arranging clinical rotations in hospitals and clinical community sites. Clinical teaching assignments and/or classroom instructional assignments may involve day and/or evening shifts. Clinical teaching assignments will be in hospitals, clinics, developmental centers, and outpatient and inpatient psychiatric care facilities .
Education and Experience:
Any bachelors degree and two years of professional experience
Any Associates Degree and six years of professional experience
Meet the following qualifications set by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians:
A valid, active license as a California Registered Nurse or Psychiatric Technician
Shall have or willing to complete (within 6 months of hire) a course in teaching offered by an accredited school;
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Certification
Successful approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
Pass a pre-employment drug test;
Pass a pre-employment physical examination and physical abilities test.
The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local school, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9558
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.