Instructional Svc Coord_Scheduling
Paradise Valley Community College
Hiring Salary Range
$19.12 - $24.46 / Hour / DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program). Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance One of the largest community college systems in the country 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- This position is contingent upon campus operations, funding, and work being available.
- The start date may be subject to modification based on COVID-19 and related public health restrictions.
Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) is a Learning Centered College
that supports a diverse and inclusive
environment where mutual respect, equity and understanding and incorporating views from dissimilar frames of reference are encouraged and valued. Please review PVCC's track record
and join us on our continued path of student success.
PVCC's Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
As a college we embrace equity, engagement, inclusion and innovation. We seek to continuously improve our campus through diverse identities, expertise and perspectives. We are committed to creating engaging relationships that inspire and support all learners to increase their capacity for personal growth and positive social change. PVCC provides access to these opportunities in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment for all our students, employees, and community members.
PVCC is seeking a short-term Instructional Services Coordinator to assist in the coordination, maintenance and monitoring of multiple academic term schedules and college curriculum. The Coordinator will assist with training of faculty and staff. In addition, collaborate with the supervisor to resolve complex issues related to the class schedule and college curriculum.
Assists with coordination and monitoring the development of multiple academic term schedules and
college curriculum with a data-integrity focus using various web-based enterprise systems for class scheduling, curriculum processing, facility reservations, and reporting; ensures compliance with applicable state and federal laws, and college and district curriculum and accreditation policies; researches, analyzes, and collaborates with supervisor to resolve complex course management issues related to the class schedule and college curriculum; and develops cooperative relationships with colleagues. Composes correspondence requiring an understanding of curriculum and class scheduling issues.
Provides direction and/or serves as a program liaison to faculty and staff responsible for class schedule development and maintenance processes.
Organizes, updates and maintains a variety of curriculum and academic scheduling records, files, documentation and resources, which includes program's website. Maintains inventory, order supplies, processes requisitions, works with vendors.
Assists with training of faculty and staff; creates and updates training materials and resources related to curriculum and class scheduling; communicates with faculty and staff regarding system and policy updates, process changes, or issues.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related program area, and
one year of program coordination experience.
An equivalent combination of the conferred degree and
directly related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
Two (2) or more years of experience working with a Student Information System in higher education (PeopleSoft preferred), such as the processing of class creation/modification/cancellations, combining multiple classes, and assigning instructors. Two (2) or more years of experience working with curriculum and/or class scheduling processes. Two (2) or more years of experience using Microsoft Office and sharing software such as Google Docs, Forms, etc., and similar software applications Two (2) or more years of experience facilitating formal/informal training sessions with several examples. Two (2) or more years experience working independently and in a team environment, handling multiple projects and deadlines, coordinating complex activities with multiple interruptions, and organizing and maintaining accurate files and records.
Special Working Conditions
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving:
How to Apply
- Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidate's own expense
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas
- Will be required to work off site or in a remote status
- Will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD locations
- May require numerous evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25 lbs.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume
showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications with specific examples
. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not
be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information. Work history must indicate Full-Time or Part-Time
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position. Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time
employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load) Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position. List of three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors.
Posting Close Date
First Review on Friday, April 16, 2021
Open until filled
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges
, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit https://jobs.maricopa.edu/psp/PMCP3J/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=314910&PostingSeq=1