Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Business Instructor (One or More) *EXTENDED*
South Orange County Community College District
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1, 2 or 3 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other
required materials); OR
5. Valid California Community College Instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time (or part-time equivalent) recent and successful teaching experience in the field of business at the community college and/or university level.
- Experience teaching online courses.
Developing and using a Learning Management System, including use of publisher online courses.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience in curriculum development of lower division courses, degrees, certificates and awards in business.
- Familiarity and practice in establishing, assessing, and reporting student learning outcomes and policies supporting program review, planning and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of Title V and Education Code as related to community college instruction.
- Demonstrated leadership working with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
- Completion of significant course work from an accredited institution in the discipline of teaching and learning.
- Experience in building new academic programs and courses including curriculum development that meets the changing needs of employers and the business world.
- Completion of a professional course in online teaching.
- Experience using Canvas Learning Management System for online and enhanced instruction.
- An earned graduate degree in business administration or business education.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within teams or workgroups for program and institutional goal achievement.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of business classes.
- Maintain current up-to-date knowledge in teaching and instructional techniques and participate in regular professional development to improve teaching methods.
- Demonstrate a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
- Prepare and utilize a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution and revise program goals/outcomes on an as needed basis.
- Participate in curriculum development, serve on College committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program, and participate in appropriate professional development activities.
- Facilitate routine procedures necessary for the successful, day-to-day operation of the department as delegated by the department chair or Dean.
- Maintain scheduled office and campus hours and participate in department/division meetings and committees and activities.
- Submit required reports and schedules in a timely manner to the department chair or Dean.
- Assist with recruiting, marketing, and outreach for department programs and participate in community outreach activities that create program partnerships and student opportunities.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to teach various courses, times, locations, and delivery methods, as determined by student, program and college needs.
- Actively participate in college functions and events, and engage in community service.
- Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |