NOTE: This is an instructional support position. This is not a faculty position.
Under general supervision, to assist an instructor of mathematics and/or sciences in the preparation of instructional materials and in laboratory demonstrations; to operate and demonstrate specialized instruments and equipment and to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist in laboratory set up, including mixing and dispensing chemicals, preparing specimens, setting up equipment, dispensing equipment, checking in student work, disposing of chemicals and specimens and checking in equipment and materials.
* Set up specialized instruments, equipment, and demonstrations; maintain specialized instruments and equipment in good condition.
* Issue equipment and supplies to students.
* Assist in the preparation of equipment and supplies budget.
* Assist in planning and preparation of audio-visual aids.
* Assist in ordering supplies.
* Supervise student assistants.
* Assist in grading, scoring and marking of tests from an answer key.
* Notify students of test results.
* Provide information on resources available to students.
* Keep records and documentation on equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the lab and determine where to obtain them when needed.
* Demonstrate and maintain a check on safety procedures in the laboratory.
* Direct students in emergency procedures and observe/enforce shop, laboratory and student center rules.
* Demonstrate or describe the proper operation of equipment, instruments and supplies used in lab work.
* Make minor repairs and adjustments to laboratory related equipment.
* Perform general clerical duties related to the maintenance and efficiency of a laboratory/tutorial center and classrooms.
* Operate and instruct others in the use of audio-visual equipment.
* Consult with vendors regarding supplies, materials and equipment needs.
* Operate District vehicles.
* Perform other related work as required.