Military Instructor: Adjunct / Substitute Instructor POOL (college credit)
San Diego Community College District
Applications are currently being accepted Great Lakes, Illinois
Instructors at Great Lakes, Illinois support technical and military training for officer and enlisted personnel of the U.S. and allied navies temporarily assigned for training. Training services shall include instruction and remediation
Military Instructor positions offer opportunities across the nation to provide an assortment of military training to the Department of Defense. Our Military Education Program offers a wide range of opportunities in Military Technical Training, Military Combat Training, Vocational Training and Certification, Leadership and Management Development and Professional Skills Development. These positions are as-needed and applicants should live within the commuting distance from the designated place of duty.
NOTE: The San Diego Community College District, Military Education Department accepts applications for Military Instructor positions in support of government contracts on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the Military Instructor pool for possible assignments. Hiring departments utilize the pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Personalize lesson plans for subject matter area
Administer quizzes and homework assignments as per Course Master
Maintain professional certifications and physical fitness requirements
1. Graduate of the Navys Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502)
2. Presently certified or capable of obtaining NSTP T9074-AS-GIB-010/271 Level III Examiner certifications in the Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), and Ultrasonic Testing (UT) methods.
3. Possess extensive experience with military welding, brazing, inspection standards, including NSTP S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248 (Welding and Brazing Procedure and Performance Qualifications), NSTP S9074-AD-GIB-010/278 (Fabrication, Welding, and Inspection of Casting, Machinery, Piping, and Pressure Vessels), NSTP T9074-AD-GIB-1688 (Fabrication, Welding, and Inspection of Submarine Structure), MIL-STD-1689 (Fabrication, Welding, and Inspection of Ships Structure), Naval Ships Technical Manual (NSTM) 074- Volume 1 (Welding and Allied Processes), MIL-STD-22 (Welded Joint Design) and NAVSEA 0900-LP-002-7000 (Fabrication and Inspection of Brazed Piping Systems)
4. Possess a thorough and detailed knowledge of audit, investigative and analysis methods and techniques used to evaluate the performance of inspectors conducting NDT.
5. Instructors must have a minimum of three (3) years technical experience in the subject matter hired to instruct
6. Instructors will have at a minimum three (3) years of experience in a Military Training Environment
1. Familiarity with Moodle
Must be able to pass a background check and maintain clearance for base access
NSTP T9074-AS-GIB-010/271 Level III Examiner certifications in:
Visual Testing (VT)
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
Radiographic Testing (RT)
Ultrasonic Testing (UT) methods.
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the Salary Schedules link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.