Accounting Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is for and adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments at the Bakersfield Community College Main Campus.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a broad-range of accounting courses.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Masters degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration; OR
bachelors degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND masters degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance
(NOTE: A bachelors degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline)
The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local school, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10765
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.