Position Function & Scope
Under the general direction of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Advisor position is based at the SCCC main campus in Schenectady; however there is a large travel commitment required, with extensive local travel and occasional out of the area and overnight travel. There is the expectation that the admissions advisor will work certain evening and weekend hours as assigned to attend college fairs and recruitment events, and for office coverage. This is a full-time12 month represented position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct recruitment travel throughout the capital district and beyond
- Coordinates all aspects of new student orientations
- Review new student files for admission and placement test exemption criteria
- Oversee the college’s involvement in virtual college fairs and assist with other e recruitment initiatives
- Plan and coordinate all in on-campus admissions events functions such as open houses, information sessions, instant admission days, etc.
- Contact new students who are in all phases of the enrollment process to guide them to their next steps
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries regarding admissions events
- Participate in off-campus admissions activities at extension sites
- Welcomes prospective students by processing paperwork; interviewing applicants; arranging and conducting campus tours; conducting follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone-calling campaigns.
- Study and thoroughly understand all of the academic programs being offered at the College. Be able to inform and counsel prospective students of these choices.
- Establishes and maintains an active role in the community in order to recruit prospective students.
- Assists in developing recruitment and advising materials.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
Qualifications & Skills
- A thorough understanding of social media applications
- Strong customer service skills; Reliable and punctual work ethic is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- One-year of admissions office/recruitment experience
- One-year experience in representing a community college in high schools, college fairs and community fairs
- Experience in planning and executing all facets of a new student orientation program
- Experience in arranging and staffing E-Recruitment outreach
- One-year experience in reviewing student files in a community college setting
- A valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to lift and carry 40 pounds at least 1/4 mile.
- Extensive knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) system
- Experience with CRM systems
To apply, please visit https://sccc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134582
SUNY SCCC deeply values, and is committed to sustaining and promoting diversity. We welcome, embrace and respect diversity of people, identities and cultures. We are committed to fostering an organizational culture of diversity and inclusion. The SCCC believes staff and board diversity is critical to fulfilling our mission.
It is the policy of the College to promote diversity in recruitment and hiring. The College will provide an equal opportunity in recruitment and employment to all individuals and will consider candidates without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status; and without discrimination based on socioeconomic, marital, parental or caregiving status, or any of the previously listed characteristics or statuses.
The College values the diversity of its job candidates, faculty and staff. It rejects any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation or oppression. We encourage and require respectful communication and cooperation. Our organization is dedicated to sustaining and promoting diversity with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, training, provision of compensation and benefits, management of organizational activities and general treatment during employment.