Dean of Engineering and Technologies
Posting Closing Date:
December 8, 2022
Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
This means any applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves the supervision of one or more academic units. The areas involved include learning outcomes and institutional assessment, action plan compliance, administration of strategic initiatives, curriculum content, evaluation of instruction, and selection of staff, student achievement and related academic activities. The work is performed under the general supervision of the Provost/Executive Vice President. Supervision is exercised over faculty and clerical personnel in the academic areas assigned. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
· Provides general supervision to appropriate academic unit(s) with respect to curriculum content, evaluation of instruction, selection of staff, student achievement, effectiveness of instructional communication, etc.;
· Facilitates and leads faculty in academic learning outcomes assessment;
· Coordinates the teaching assignments of the faculty within the academic unit(s);
· Evaluates academic unit effectiveness via the program review process;
· Monitors and coordinates regular and periodic reporting with academic department action plans;
· Coordinates activities related to persistence, retention and completion among academic departments; · Oversees, implements and reports monthly on the action plan for the division;
· Assists in processing appointment forms, time cards, individualized instruction forms, additional duties form, oversize forms, requisitions, leave and travel requests, and amended forms;
· Assists in budget request preparation;
· Responsible for conducting meetings with academic units;
· Responsible for coordination and evaluation of faculty performance review on an annual basis;
· Conducts supervisory section of the evaluations of department chairs, faculty and staff;
· Reviews recommendations for appointment, reappointment, tenure and rank advancement for faculty members and recommends approving or disapproving recommendations as necessary;
· Conducts orientation program for new faculty members with the Center for Professional Development (CPD);
· Assists in the development of Admissions and Recruitment programs for the academic unit, especially as it relates to the recruitment of students;
· Monitors, participates, compiles and ensures that departments comply with SUNY, State Education Department (SED) and Middle States guidelines and recommendations;
· Monitors compliance with County regulations, Board of Trustees and college managerial policies, union contracts, affiliation agreements and program accreditation as necessary;
· In conjunction with the Provost/Executive Vice President and Associate Vice Provost of Institutional Research, Assessment, Accreditation and Planning; Professor/Department Heads and Department Chairs, coordinates course offerings and master scheduling within academic units;
· Assists the Associate Vice Provost of Institutional Research, Assessment, Accreditation and Planning: in conducting studies and surveys relative to new academic programs; and other staff in preparation of reports and surveys for state, federal and accrediting agencies;
· Performs other duties as required by Provost/Executive Vice President and Associate Vice Provost of Institutional Research, Assessment, Accreditation and Planning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of general educational methods and theory; thorough knowledge of curriculum development; thorough knowledge of vocational training needs of business and industry; skill in educational coordination and management; ability to motivate and direct the work of others; ability to get along well with others; sound professional judgment; initiative and resourcefulness; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Education or related field and five (5) years of responsible experience in higher education.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Cynthia Buckley, VP of HR, Equity & Inclusion
Human Resource Department
4041 Southwestern Blvd.
Orchard Park, NY 14127
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: OCR.NewYork@ed.gov.