Forsyth Technical Community College Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President. The new President will succeed Dr. Gary M. Green, who will retire after 17 years as president on December 31, 2018. The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the College and reports to the Board of Trustees. The President is accountable for the total institutional programs, fiscal affairs, the supervision of the administrative and instructional staff and the operation of the physical plant.
Forsyth Tech has been serving the citizens of Forsyth and Stokes counties since 1960. The College began as the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Industrial Education Center, offering vocational instruction and training in skilled trades. Today, as Forsyth Technical Community College, they still offer those programs, as well as college transfer and two-year degree programs, corporate training, continuing education, personal enrichment classes, and much more. The mission of Forsyth Technical Community College is to provide students with guided educational pathways into a competitive workforce for the community and global economy.
As the Chief Executive Officer, the President works in close collaboration, not only with the Board of Trustees, but also with a wide range of internal and external constituencies to provide overall leadership and direction for the College. The President is expected to foster and build upon the existing strengths and traditions of the College while also leading and implementing a strategic vision to ensure the College's relevance, vitality and viability into the future.
The President is expected to lead and steward the College's academic, human, physical, financial and technology resources to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of Winston-Salem/Forsyth and Stokes County residents and beyond by providing access to a quality learning environment that advances student success.
The President is responsible for providing strong, decisive, and energetic leadership in meeting the College's commitment to student access, learning, success, and completion. The President is charged with institutional leadership and the implementation of Board policies and corresponding organizational procedures. The President serves under contract and establishes strategic and annual goals, all of which are approved by the Board.
- An earned terminal degree from an accredited institution, preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of senior level administrative experience in a community college or four-year institution, preferred.
- Some teaching experience, preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, as well as success in team building and participatory management with diverse groups.
- Committed to diversity and achieving a climate that promotes inclusion.
- Clear understanding of and leadership in both instructional and non?instructional uses of technology.
- Innovative, energetic, visionary, and creative leader who understands the community college mission.
- Knowledgeable of fiscal affairs, resource development, and has ability to develop and manage a community college budget.
- Successful in implementing economic development linkages with business, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Committed to promoting student access and success, and considering the effect on students when making decisions.
Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidate screening will begin immediately. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided no later than August 13, 2018.
A complete application will include a letter describing relevant experiences and interest in the position, current curriculum vitae and the names of five references with titles, mailing addresses, business/home telephone numbers and email addresses. All documents should be submitted in PDF format. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, telephone number and email address of the nominee. Greenwood/Asher & Associates (G/A&A), an executive search firm, is assisting Forsyth Tech in the search.
Applications and letters of nominations should be submitted to:
Betty Turner Asher, Partner
Joe Stanley, Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
For more information about Forsyth Tech, please visit: http://forsythtech.edu/presidentialsearch
Forsyth Tech Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.