Title: Paramedic Instructor Part-Time - Pool
Job Category: Faculty CTA
Job Opening Date: March 08, 2022
Job Closing Date:
Locations: Saddleback College
Pay Grade, for more information click on this link:
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Hours Per Week: 0
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer the opportunity to assist a diverse group of students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career, and technical education programs. These part-time positions are on an as-needed basis and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
The primary responsibilities of part-time faculty are to teach classes in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines. The faculty member will prepare and provide students with course outlines, materials, and lectures that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus; when requested, help develop, and measure learning outcomes as identified by the department; and assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Report assessment data on student learning outcomes, administrative unit outcomes, and/or student services outcomes.
- Utilize the results of student learning outcomes assessment to make improvements in teaching and learning.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Follow the regulations, policies, and procedures of the college and district as published.
- Complete all program/college/district reporting deadlines on time.
- Complete and submit required documents in a timely manner.
- Make use of technology and learning materials that are current, support the lesson, and enable students to engage with the material.
- Establish and maintain a framework for regular and sustained contact with/among students if teaching distance education courses.
- Teach classes during the scheduled time and at the assigned location.
- Meet workload obligations.
- Maintain accurate records.
- May participate in curriculum review and program development.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university AND two (2) years of Paramedic experience; OR
2. Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university AND six (6) years of Paramedic experience; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
Please submit all academic transcripts to reflect how you meet the minimum requirements in addition to listing your work experience as a Paramedic on the application. See resume is not a valid response. If you choose to meet the minimum requirements based on equivalency, please also submit the completed Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination.
SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE:
Interviews may be held in-person (following all necessary precautions) or in a virtual format. Employees must reside in California while employed with the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD), even during remote work. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the SOCCCD.
The SOCCCD is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities it serves. More information can be found on our District website by visiting https://www.socccd.edu/communications/covid-19-information.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. SOCCCD will not sponsor any visa applications.
A California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) retiree may not accept employment until after the first 180 days of retirement. Anyone retired from CalPERS accepting permanent employment with this District will be required to reinstate as an active CalPERS member. Please contact CalPERS for additional information regarding your retirement status.
Any active vested member of California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS), who accepts employment with the District to perform service that requires membership in CalPERS, is eligible to elect to continue retirement system coverage under CalSTRS
If you require special accommodations in the application and/or selection process, please notify District Human Resources at least two (2) business days prior to the Job Close Date/Initial Screening Date, by either calling (949) 582-4850 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report to work on a regular and consistent basis, as scheduled, to assigned job.
CAMPUS CRIME AND SAFETY AWARENESS:
Information regarding campus crime and safety awareness can be found at www.saddleback.edu or www.ivc.edu. Paper copies are available in the District Human Resources office upon request.