If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Head of Product
Job Description Summary:
The Head of Product will scan the market, identify potential areas for new business development, and determine a strategy to approach the potential. This person would be the lead Business development resource for tech and healthcare partners.
Once the initial visit is initiated/secured, the Head of Product will determine which college resources need to be included as next steps. One important element is determining how to advance initiatives at the college beyond pilots. The Head of Product will work with college staff, faculty, and administrators to determine how to best organize talent so that individuals are working from a position of strength. This way the organization is able to conduct an analysis of actual capacities to determine overall exemplars and also determine areas that need to be augmented.
Advise on the technical strategic vision and operational execution to support and harness creativity and invention.
Partner with other leaders across the college to drive alignment between mission and opportunities for growth.
Establish external collaborations and alliances in academia & industry and serve as a thought leader positioning the college at appropriate conferences, events, and publications to articulate the value of the college’s offerings.
Key Cross-Functional Relationships
- Proactively counsel and coach senior leaders and their teams on matters of goal setting, operational effectiveness and performance and financial metrics and measurements.
- Thought partner to VC of HR on organizational policies and procedures, assessment of compensation programs and benefits, and areas of risk management for people operations.
- Partner with Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Provost to ensure that oversight of key business transformation and technology innovation initiatives are in line with both strategic academic and operational goals.
- Steward thought leadership in matters of strategic goal setting and performance metrics and measurement for KPIs and scaling for impact.
- Transformational Leader. Deep experience and demonstrated acumen in scaling entrepreneurial and high-growth organizations. Proven ability to be an effective strategist, partner & source of support for enterprise-wide digital transformation. Able to lead & drive change. Monitors & measures return on major (technology) investments.
- Strategic Leader & Advisor. Supports Provost as a trusted thought partner, providing both a sounding board and guidance. Thought leader who collaborates with and challenges cabinet partners to drive development & implementation of Chancellor’s Priorities and key new business strategies to fuel accelerated growth & impact.
- Capability-builder. Demonstrated track record in successfully devising and implementing systems and processes that enable significant growth and operational effectiveness. Strengthen core operational talent, processes, tools & systems. Heighten team's capability to bring fact-based analysis & actionable insights to internal decision-makers - especially as related to strategic & annual planning, identifying new deal opportunities, pricing / cost structures, etc.
- Cross-functional leader and partner. Highly collaborative role-model organization-wide as a cross-functional senior executive; highly effective in building relationships, influencing and instilling confidence in the board, management, funders and other stakeholders.
- Talent Builder. Demonstrated ability to build and curate high-performing teams and talent and drive functional competencies and heighten capabilities. Keen commitment to fostering and advancing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- Learns Continuously. Demonstrates keen intellectual curiosity and values peer networking and professional development opportunities.
- Action and outcome oriented. Demonstrable vision and strategic focus, with strong bias-to-action and ability to drive initiatives forward to successful conclusion.
Experience / Qualifications
- Multi-year executive-level operational and financial management experience required, proven professional record of progressive and high-impact experience
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and influencing skills
- Demonstrated acumen in business transformation and programmatic innovation and in navigating organizational complexity with success
- Industry and leadership experience across a blend of high-caliber organizations an advantage; for-profit, non-profit an advantage
- Demonstrated track record in leading multi-faceted business transformation
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated commitment and impact in cultivating a values-based, performance-driven culture and fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace environment
Commensurate Upon Experience
Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor of Academic & Student Affairs
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 22, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.