Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
San Diego Community College District
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 4/2/2023
Position Number: 00120430
Location: Continuing Education
Position Type: Academic
The San Diego College of Continuing Education (SDCCE) seeks energetic and dedicated candidates to apply for academic positions.
SDCCE is the adult education college of the San Diego Community College District (SDCCD). As a top provider of noncredit education in California, SDCCE's mission is to commit to student success and community enrichment by providing accessible, equitable, and innovative quality education and support services to diverse adult learners in pursuit of lifelong learning, training, career advancement, and pathways to college.
Founded in 1914 on the principles of inclusion and social justice, SDCCE welcomes every immigrant, refugee and underserved population to fulfill educational goals. At SDCCE, adult students find a fun and positive learning environment for every skill level. Students come from across 50 states and from 159 foreign countries, to learn in more than 70 career training programs and in thousands of classes. In addition to a traditional schedule of fall, spring and summer semesters, many programs enroll year-round in an open-entry, open-exit format and offer classes in the evenings, weekends and online allowing students to pursue higher education or career training while maintaining other responsibilities and active lives. Programs are available at seven campuses and many community locations across the City of San Diego.
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Associate Dean of Research, Planning, and Innovation in the SDCCE Office of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness.
The job location is at SDCCE's North City campus; however, applicants should understand that they may be assigned to any Continuing Education campus. Assignment may include day, evening, weekend hours, and/or off-campus responsibilities. The selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, I encourage you to file an application for employment.
Applications accepted for this position may be considered for identical vacancies that occur throughout Continuing Education during the current academic year. Continuing Education campuses offer adults the opportunity to renew their learning experiences through noncredit vocational, basic skills, life skills and enrichment classes throughout the city of San Diego.
Under the direction of the Dean of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness the Associate Dean fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Mentor, supervise, and evaluate personnel through a lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-racism, and Accessibility.
- Support, facilitate, or provide opportunities for the team to engage in equity-minded and innovation-oriented professional learning to foster growth and development.
- Assist in employee recruitment and selection processes that align with the values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-racism, and Accessibility.
- Supervise and coordinate the Colleges institutional research functions in support of the Colleges Mission and Vision, and in advancement of the Colleges strategic plan.
- Provide leadership in the development of college policy directives in research.
- Design and maintain a Project Management system to assign, review, and track requests.
- Through ongoing collaboration with requestors, design, develop, implement, and disseminate research projects and reports guided by short- and long-term planning priorities.
- Review and analyze external research related to policy and practice in higher education and bring forward recommendations to relevant Campus committees, programs, and services.
- Design and scale training to support faculty use of data, college decision making, and the interconnecting data-driven phases of annual integrated planning.
- Collaborate with districtwide research personnel to evaluate and provide feedback around our ability to build and sustain information capacity.
- Develop, maintain, and promote the Institutional Research Agenda utilizing input from stakeholders to guide gap analysis and change.
- Design systematic and sustainable practices that foster innovation and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with local, regional, and statewide practitioners regarding trends and innovations in research and assessment projects and capacity improvements.
- Support, through research and evaluation, the Colleges pursuit and allocation of internal and external resources that align with our strategic plan.
- Develop and deploy a system to support strategic integration of new initiatives, projects, and funding sources.
- Provide leadership around the integration of Learning outcomes assessment into research and evaluation efforts.
- In collaboration with the Faculty Student Learning Outcomes and Program Review Coordinator, support the development of professional learning around authentic learning assessment.
- Provide leadership for annual college-wide program review and strategic planning in support of the Colleges strategic plan and accreditation efforts.
- Supervise the maintenance and data integrity of technology and databases that support data, the Learning Outcomes process, and strategic planning, while ensuring sustainable practices and capacity improvements.
- Serve as member, co-chair, chair, or advisor to College governance committees and taskforces as needed.
- Serve on SDCCD Institutional Review Board.
In compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees, applicants for this position must show evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
- Possession of a Masters degree from a regionally accredited institution AND one (1) year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrators assignment; OR,
- Possession of a lifetime California Community College Supervisor Credential.
Knowledge or Preparation:
- Broad knowledge of Community College operations, organization, policies, and objectives.
- Local, state, and federal laws governing community colleges.
- Principles and behaviors aligned with values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-racism, and Accessibility.
- Philosophy around leadership, mentoring, and professional development of teams.
- Principles, techniques, and methodology used in research.
- Principles and techniques in facilitation.
- Common higher education and noncredit adult education data structures, including common data sources and information flow.
- Strategies to foster and sustain a culture of innovation.
- Use systematic improvement models in an educational context.
- Assessment techniques related to teaching and learning outcomes.
- Effective use of authentic learning assessment to improve learning and student success.
- Strategies to engage a campus in effective use of research to inform and assess strategic and integrated planning.
- Principles and techniques used in strategic planning.
- General guidelines around shared governance and decision-making in California community colleges.
- Federal laws and ethical practices governing research.
Skills & Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills including effective and courageous oral and written communication.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Work collaboratively with other colleges and the district
- Coordinate College evaluation efforts and activities.
- Project planning and management.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Analyze data and recommend improvements in operations, systems, procedures, policies, and methods.
- Proficient in the use of data systems, survey tools, analytics software, and visualization programs.
- Prepare and present clear and concise reports, recommendations, and analyses.
- Facilitate data-informed discussions and decision-making.
- Proficient in designing, managing, and facilitating training series or programs that incorporate data-based strategy development.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate creativity in problem solving.
- Design and develop tools and processes to manage new ideas from ideation to action
- Identify underlying systemic issues and propose solutions
- Connect with other institutions to identify best practices and apply to local context.
- Proficient in taking advantage of technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design and navigate common technology used in learning outcome data collection.
- Coordinate College planning efforts and activities.
- Design, organize and facilitate small group and college-wide data-informed discussions that guide strategy development.
Range 16 ($8,130.06- $13,003.86) per month based on the current Management Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the Management Employees Handbook. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |