Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Coordinator, Student Engagement and Leadership
Truckee Meadows Community College
Coordinator, Student Engagement and Leadership
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) is seeking an innovative Coordinator of Student Engagement and Leadership. This position's major function is to articulate the vision for an active student life on campus and to provide leadership to the campus community through the development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of comprehensive student leadership, activities, and campus life programs based on student development principles and in collaboration with students, faculty and staff. Under the department of Student Life, this position oversees Student Engagement and Leadership, the Student Government Association, and Electoral Engagement programs, initiatives, and activities.
1. Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience; or Associate's degree plus 4 years of related experience; or 6 years of related experience.
2. Experience in leadership training and/or program development.
3. Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets.
1. Experience and education in student development theory, student leadership programs, student activities/events, and student government.
2. Excellent communication, organization, and budgeting skills.
3. Master's Degree from an accredited institution.
The successful candidate will exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Manage and supervise the operations of the Student Engagement and Leadership (SEL) Office.
2. Enhance and implement student leadership programs and activities; provide oversight in the planning and implementation of student leadership development programs and activities.
3. Provide leadership and guidance to the Student Government Association (SGA) in the development of policies and procedures, leadership development, and programming.
4. Ensure that the offices of Student Engagement and Leadership and the Student Government Association function smoothly and maintain communication throughout the campus community.
5. Establish and ensure compliance of appropriate departmental and SGA policies and procedures.
6. Research, analyze, and adhere to federal, state and local policy including Nevada Open Meeting Law, FERPA, TMCC, NSHE, Board of Regents, and SGA policies and procedures.
7. Oversight of design and implement leadership development programs/classes to assist student leaders in gaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform leadership functions.
8. Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate full time Associate position, as well as approximately 20 part time SEL and SGA student employees.
9. Develop, coordinate, and assess comprehensive student activities including educational, recreational, social, and cultural programs that appeal to a diverse audience.
10. Oversee the National Society of Leadership and Success program as well as the Campus Election Engagement Project.
11. Develop and effectively manage departmental budgets.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $49,076- $61,345 salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application:1) Resume/CV2) Cover Letter3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Coordinator--Student-Engagement-and-Leadership_R0132337-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-110dc2295defab4793dd3cfe865bc1b7
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |