Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Associate Faculty Pool-All Disciplines
Butte-Glenn Community College District
***Disciplines in Bold are being actively recruited. All other discipline applications will be forwarded to the department for future openings***
Part-time Associate Faculty - selected candidates must reside in California
For salary Information, click here
Placement on salary schedule is dependent upon education and/or experience.
For telecommute information: AP 7281 - Telecommuting Information
The following disciplines require a master's degree unless otherwise noted with an asterisk.
*The minimum qualifications for this discipline require any bachelor degree or higher and two years of related professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of related professional experience. Please see the link to minimum qualifications below for each corresponding discipline to see if you could be eligible.
NOTE: If you do not have a master's level education but you are still interested in teaching, you may still be eligible. Please see click here to view the minimum qualifications for each corresponding discipline to see if you could be eligible.
The intent of the pools is to create a list of qualified applicants who are interested in teaching on a temporary part-time basis in various disciplines. Associate Faculty are employed by semester and may teach up to a maximum load of 33.5% per primary term.
- Representative Duties
The part-time college instructor is responsible for effective performance in the following areas:
A. General Scope of Responsibilities
- Excellence in teaching and instruction.
- Maintenance of professional growth and academic currency.
- Carrying out-of-area, departmental and/or program responsibilities.
B. Teaching and Instruction - The following duties are representative of the kinds of expectations that are normally required of a part-time Butte College instructor. Certain duties are common to the everyday operational needs of the College while other activities may be required on an as needed basis. All of the duties, however, are common requirements at various times for full-time instructional positions.
- Plans for and is continually well prepared to teach.
- Provides organized delivery of instruction.
- Is courteous to and approachable by students.
- Instruction is consistent with the stated and approved goals and content of the course.
- Sticks to the subject matter of the course.
- Inspires students to engage in subject matter.
- Uses standards of student feedback that are clear, fair and followed consistently throughout the course.
- Requires levels of instructor and student effort sufficient to the mastery of the subject or skills in the course.
- Grades and returns student assignments and tests in a reasonable period of time.
- Makes effective use of teaching aids and materials required of students (e.g., texts, manuals, etc.).
- Prepares complete course outlines and syllabi.
- Revisions to course content as needed for currency.
- Coordinates with Department Chair to synchronize course contents and methods with other teachers in the program/discipline.
- Meets and assists students during office hours or by appointment or at other reasonable times (optional).
C. Area or Departmental Responsibilities
- Is knowledgeable about and abides by College policies and procedures. This includes the accurate and timely submission of all reports, grades and paperwork.
- Meets deadlines and time targets.
- Orders instructional materials, equipment and textbooks with sufficient lead times.
- Exercises good judgment in the use of and/or management of facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Attends assigned flex meetings as requested.
- Works well with peers, classified staff and administration.
- To view the current faculty minimum qualifications, click here.
- Minimum qualifications with no degree or degree without a general education component, click here.
DISCIPLINES REQUIRING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Work Experience Letters: For disciplines that do not require a master's degree, please attach letters from your employer verifying your related work experience. Please ensure the letter(s) note whether the experience was full-time or part-time. For part-time experience please be sure the letter(s) include the number of hours per week worked.
- Bachelor's degree or higher - Attach letter(s) verifying 2 years of related full-time work experience.
- Associate degree - Attach letter(s) verifying 6 years of related full-time work experience.
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY QUALIFICATIONS:
Demonstrated understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds that characterize community college students in a manner specific to the position.
ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING CURRENT BUTTE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES, MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
All on-line attachment types require that you attach a document.
Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meet the needs of this position.
RESUME OR VITA:
Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
In addition to any information you included with your application materials, please provide a detailed account of how your skills, life experiences, work experience, education, and/or training have prepared you to effectively meet the needs of students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds. Please include examples of:
- Teaching or training practices and/or life experiences that have enabled or would enable you to more effectively engage with and support success for diverse populations.
- How you have engaged in on-going self-reflection to ensure equity in the workplace and/or classroom. Please include examples of workshops, trainings, and/or life experiences.
TRANSCRIPTS OF ACADEMIC WORK:
- You are required to provide transcripts for coursework and/or degrees listed on the application materials you have submitted.
- The transcripts must include the date the institution granted the degree.
- Legible copies of transcripts are acceptable at this point in the process.
- Official transcripts must be submitted prior to hire.
- For foreign transcripts please see below.
Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or our website.
- Supplemental Information
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |