Plans, organizes, oversees, and directs ancillary and specialized operations that include enrollment, student services, business development, educational services, and workforce training programs. Incumbent is responsible for the development, implementation of quality and customized training and education programs and services for a wide variety of student and client populations including but not limited to: military, veterans, corporations, business and international.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Dean for the Extended Learning Division integrates and provides academic and administrative support to faculty and a diverse student population. The Dean requires the ability to direct and integrate the activities of a division which oversees academic, student and educational services and programs and its related functions and services. The Dean will provide leadership over curriculum, faculty, management, and support staff, and ensures excellence in delivering higher education opportunities. The Dean also requires the ability to facilitate professional development, establish standards and assess performance of faculty, management, and staff members within the Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Develops, delivers, and sustains college level credit and fee-based education and training programs that meet the unique needs of students locally, nationally and worldwide.
* Gathers and analyzes data to identify community and global higher education, workforce and industry trends. Assesses market data to identify areas for growth. Develops forecasts and projections. Develops reports that show outcome achievements and impact of strategies to aid in college planning and decision making.
* Oversees enrollment management and student service support operations that includes student records, admissions, residency, transcript evaluations, graduation, credit for prior learning, data management, student accounts and reporting.
* Works cooperatively with other administrators and managers to coordinate programs and services to meet student needs. Resolves conflicts and issues within and among academic sections/divisions. Provides oversight for developing academic partnerships for seamless student transfer opportunities.
* Coordinates and collaborates with the college's Director of Enrollment Services to maximize the efficiency and quality of services provided to all students in related areas such as admission, registration, residency, and veterans' services.
* Develops and maintains proactive and positive relationships and serve as a college liaison among national and local organizations and agencies that include business, industry, corporations, and federal agencies. Specifically serves as the spokesperson and liaison with the military and veteran education communities. May include local and worldwide travel.
* Identifies workforce development and contract education opportunities and partnerships; creates formal proposals, contract agreements and operating budgets.
* Develops, reviews, analyzes, and monitors proposals, grants, and contracts. Consults with legal counsel and risk management department as necessary.
* Participates in college, District, educational, community, workforce, and government advisories, committees, conferences, and events.
* Oversees the fiscal management and integrity of assigned division. Develops, and implements policies and procedures for a variety of division processes, with specific knowledge of college, District, state, Department of Defense, and other contract requirements.
* Provides leadership to off-campus operations to meet the growth and support needs of students enrolled in a variety of programs. Oversees hiring and training of a network of Military Student Advisors (MSAs) located on military institutions and regions nationally.
* Provides leadership to Division personnel which includes faculty, managers, classified staff, professional experts, independent contractors, and short-term employees. Supervises, evaluates and directs the efforts of assigned staff.
* Develops standards of performance and conducts performance appraisals in compliance with District standards and contractual obligations.
* Collaborates with the college's Director, Marketing and Public Relations to coordinate and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for specialized and new student and business development activities.
* Oversees the security, quality control and operational compliance with respect to requirements set forth in Education and Service Agreements, MOU's, MOA's, and related federal and state regulations.
* Oversees the implementation and operation of service requirements mandated in contracts among the college, District and military service branches, businesses, and community clients.
* Oversees the development and maintenance of the data management systems utilized to track and report program operational activities.
* Directs development of division budgets and manages financial resources consistent with policy and sound financial controls. Advocates for resources to support division programs and opportunities and allocates resources among competing requests for funds.
* Communicates with faculty, managers, and staff by holding regular meetings to facilitate planning and collegial decision-making. Keeps faculty, managers, and support staff informed about issues, projects, and other information impacting instructional and student services and programs.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new developments and innovations in community colleges and higher education. Recommends changes to maintain relevance of programs in the division and to meet student and community needs.
* Participates in strategic and long-range planning for the college and division.
* Performs other related duties as assigned to support the objectives of the position.