Adjunct Pool for Professor of Commercial Art (Web Design)
Posting Number (Application)
$76.02 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjuncts are placed on salary schedule)
Initial Screening Date
Open Until Filled
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Apply between January 29, 2019 and June 28, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
- A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
- College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
- A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicant's philosophy of teaching
- A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach one or both of the following courses:
1. ARTC 200 - Web Design I
2. ARTC 230 - Web Design II
- Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
- Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies
- Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any bachelor's degree or equivalent foreign degree AND two years of professional experience; OR
2. Any associate's degree or equivalent foreign degree AND six years of professional experience; OR
3. California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; OR
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students; AND
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
- 2 years or more of experience teaching at an accredited college or university.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Macintosh computers and Adobe CC software.
- Experience with Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects.
- Principles and elements of design
- Responsive web design
- Mobile web design
- Mobile app design
- Production process including mockups and wireframes
- SEO, PPC, and other marketing strategies
- Current technology, methodologies and marketing channels
- WordPress and other website builders
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Proficiency in CSS3 and HTML5
- Competency in PHP/MySQL
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver's license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver's license.
Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Conditions of Employment
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee' under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College's Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Co-Chair, Commercial & Entertainment Arts Department
Professor, Graphic Design & Illustration
Co-Chair, Commercial & Entertainment Arts Dept.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions
Letters of Recommendation
The required letters of recommendation are not required to be confidential but if your reference prefers to send a confidential letter, please follow these instructions and notify your reference directly. To obtain a confidential letter of recommendation, you must enter the reference's name and email address in the fields provided under the Confidential References section of the application.
NOTICE: In order for your reference to receive an email with a link to attach a confidential reference letter, you must complete your application and reach the status of Under Review by HR. It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status well in advance of the deadline to provide your reference ample time to attach the letter.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure that all required and any optional documents are attached by no later than 11:59 PM PST of the initial screening date shown on the job posting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please do not submit Confidential letters of recommendation.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College's Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To Apply, visit: