AERONAUTICS: Adjunct / Substitute Instructor POOL (college credit)
San Diego Community College District
Location: District Wide
Position Type: Adjunct
NOTE: The San Diego Community College District accepts applications for adjunct (part-time/substitute) positions for our three college campuses (City, Mesa, Miramar) and various continuing education centers on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the adjunct pool for possible assignments in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters of the academic year. Hiring departments utilize the adjunct pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to San Diego.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
This position includes Aviation Operations.
- Primary duties of adjunct faculty members are related to curriculum and teaching; the assignment is divided between lecture and lab classes as determined by the department. Adjunct instructional faculty are required to be available to students outside of class.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Provide quality instruction, create and maintain an environment which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
Degrees must be from regionally accredited institutions.
1. Any Bachelors degree AND two (2) years of experience; OR,
2. Any Associate degree AND six (6) years of experience; AND,
3. Possession of a valid FAA Certified Flight or Ground Instructor Certificate (for FAA Part-131 Pilot School courses); OR
4. Possession of a valid FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (for FAA Remote Pilot Courses); OR,
5. The equivalent.
[Required for FAA Part-141 Pilot School courses] Valid FAA Certified Flight or Ground Instructor Certificate
[Required for FAA Remote Pilot courses] Valid FAA Remote Pilot Certificate
[If possess] California Community College Instructor Credential (valid for life)
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
Click here for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the "Salary Schedules" link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.