Located in Huntington Beach, California, Golden West College is a two-year, medium-sized college, serving over 18,000 students on a 122-acre campus. GWC offers over 60 Associate degrees, a strong university transfer program, more than 40 Career and Technical Education certificates, community education, and extensive student support services. Founded in 1966, Golden West College has been widely-recognized for its pioneering leadership in designing learning-centered programs and services for its students. For the last two years, Golden West College has been named a "Champion of Higher Education for Excellence in Transfer" by The Campaign for College Opportunity in recognition of its extraordinary work in awarding and implementing the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) to help students achieve their educational and professional goals.
Golden West College (GWC) welcomes a diverse pool of candidates and has an unwavering commitment to quality education, equitable outcomes, inclusive practices and racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. Ideal candidates for all positions at our college share our devotion to educating and improving the lives of our representative student, employee, and community populations.
Additionally, GWC is an officially designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and has an eligibility designation as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). GWC engages in regular professional development opportunities and partnerships so we can best serve disproportionately impacted groups. Additionally, the college supports equity minded programs as well as a full calendar of culturally responsive events. For up-to-date information on our student demographic and more, please see the following link:
https://public.tableau.com/profile/gwc.orpie#!/vizhome/UnduplicatedStudentPopulationData2013to2018/CombinedDashboardGolden West College Scorecard Golden West College is part of the http://www.cccd.edu/Coast Community College District, a multi-college district that includes http://www.orangecoastcollege.edu/Orange Coast College and http://coastline.edu/Coastline Community College. Information about GWC can be found at http://www.goldenwestcollege.edu/www.goldenwestcollege.edu.
Golden West College is currently seeking a full-time tenure track Music Instructor commencing with the 2019 fall semester. The primary teaching assignment involves vocal music instruction, including but not limited to directing ensembles, class voice, and applied vocal music. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development.
The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of the Coast Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of Music and vocal music.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide instruction in Music in accordance with established course outlines.
* Provide leadership in the development and revision of Music curriculum.
* Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
* Responsible for directing performance ensembles each semester.
* Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
* Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
* Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district- wide activities and committees as assigned.
* Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.