Emergency Medical Services, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This assignment requires instruction in a full range of Emergency Medical courses and serving as the Program Director and/or Clinical Coordinator. The assignment will be based on the successful applicant's experience, background, and institutional need.
This that may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation emergency medical courses; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program learning outcomes; collegial participation in department, college, and discipline-specific professional activities, serving on Kern County Emergency Medical committees, maintaining requirements of agencies including but not limited to LEMSA, National Registry, American Heart Association and CoAEMSP.
Education and Experience:
- Any Bachelors degree AND two years of professional experience;
- Any Associate degree AND 6 years of professional experience;
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
- Currently licensed in the State of California as a Physician, Physicians Assistant, Registered Nurse OR Paramedic.
- Two years of academic or clinical experience in emergency medicine or pre-hospital care in the last five (5) years
- Documented proof of at least 40 hours of education and experience in methods, materials and evaluation of instruction by either of the following methods:
State Fire Marshal Instructor Course 1A and 1B
National Fire Academys Instructional Methodology
National Association of EMS Educators Course
A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service. Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communication effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge simulation equipment, computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning, and service for students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Knowledge of the course content of the U.S. Department of Transportation Emergency Medical Services Education Standards DOT HS 811 077A January 2009
- Record of successful teaching experience
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10871
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.