If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Coordinator, Social Support Resource Development
Job Description Summary:
To support district-wide leadership in the development, operationalization and sustainability of partnerships and collaborations within Austin Community College District, community-based organizations and other external partners in order to improve the capacity and access to essential student and family resources.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Coordinates with internal and external partners to develop, refine and maintain operational and strategic relationships that support access to essential resources and equitable student outcomes.
- Serves as a communication liaison and information and referral resource for students, faculty, staff, and the community with regard to ACC and community essential social support resources and organizations.
- Identifies best practices for student success. Researches, evaluates & assists with the development of essential support resources and best practices.
- Supports grant development and other funding strategies.
- Coordinates and assists in planning outreach activities and resource-related events, as well as effective informational and evidence-based presentations and orientations for diverse audiences.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents student outcomes data to provide actionable information and allow for continuous improvement of student success initiatives and closing equity gaps.
- Manages, maintains, catalogs and stores MOU's and partnership agreements with external entities that support student success initiatives.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and facilitates departmental projects and events.
- Assists with budgetary, programmatic and reporting responsibilities including gathering and compiling data.
- Creates content and format for relevant websites and social media outlets. Maintains and up-dates information.
- Supervises and assists with recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of temporary staff, including federal work-study positions, in collaboration with other internal departments.
- May represent the director and/or the department on various committees, collaborations or councils.
- Theories, and research on poverty and best practices to mitigate its effects.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness strategies and practices.
- Multicultural education programs and systems.
- Best practices to support student success of low income and/or under-resourced students..
- Data gathering and statistical reporting.
- Project planning and management principles.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Relationship and community building with diverse and multicultural communities and/or constituencies.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the college.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintaining an established work schedule
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software.
- * Communication content and design skills including online and social media formats.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- Master's degree in Educational Administration, Social Work, Counseling or any related field.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Spanish fluency.
- Vietnamese fluency
- American Sign Language
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Please Note: ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply prior to the job closing date and time.
$41,304 - $59,006
Reports to Director, Social Support Resource Development
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.