If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Admissions and Enrollment
Job Description Summary:
To provide support services to prospective and current students, staff, and faculty.
40 hours/week as assigned; generally within the following hours of Monday-Thursday 8am-7pm, Friday 8am-5pm, with occasional Saturdays 10am-4pm throughout the semesters.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist students with registration issues, and in requesting and distributing student transcripts; answers incoming calls and responds to inquiries.
2. Perform various data entry and clerical duties in order to maintain accurate student records; prepared, receives, reviews, and maintains department records and/or documents; opens and distributes mail, files, and maintains office supplies as needed.
3. Responds to inquiries from students, departments, or general public by telephone, fax, email, or in person regarding application status, admissions, records, or related department procedures; provides information as requested.
4. Maintains computerized student files by entering updates and/or deleting records as required.
5. Verifies enrollment and residency status following established guidelines; processes college identification cards.
6. Reviews and processes forms necessary to process changes such as reinstatements, withdrawals, schedule changes, and grade changes.
7. May participate and assist with college recruiting efforts.
8. May contact other colleges, schools, or agencies to obtain clarification of possible discrepancies on transcripts before updating student information in system; may contact internal departments for clarification of accounting information and residency codes before updating student information in system.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact, discretion and diplomacy.
Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Applying academic record policy and procedures.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Please Note: ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply before the job closing date and time.
$32,448 - $39,240
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.