Automotive Technology, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is a pool to fill part-time instructor positions for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in automotive courses including, but not limited to, Automotive Electrical and Ignition Tune Up; Fuel Systems and Emissions Control; Air Conditioning; and Diesel Engines.
The assignment will be based on the successful applicant's experience, background, and institutional need.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening or weekend classes, large classes, distance learning, and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participating in student recruitment and articulations of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegially participating in department, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Any Bachelors degree AND
two (2) years of professional experience;
Any Associates degree AND
six (6) years of professional experience;
The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic, and vocational goals;
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communication effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California community college mission;
- Ability to obtain ASE Certifications or the equivalent.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Ability to provide leadership within the discipline and college initiatives to improve student learning
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with college committees and other organizations and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10828
- Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references ? Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.