Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Full-Time Logistics Instructor
Full-Time Logistics Instructor
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This Letter of Appointment (LOA) is a temporary, full-time position. Work is assigned on a semester-to-semester basis and is contingent upon sufficient student enrollment, availability of funds, availability of full-time work in the area of responsibility, and/or continuing satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Logistics courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Logistics program.
- Participate in campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree
- Three (3) years of related (non-teaching) logistics work experience (warehouse, or ground transportation rail and/or trucking)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Bachelors (or higher) degree
- Five (5) years of related (non-teaching) work experience in SAP, warehousing, or ground transportation (rail and/or trucking)
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5704
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |