Innovative. Collaborative. Entrepreneurial. These characteristics define not only College of the Canyons, but the faculty, staff, and administrators who make this college one of the most unique among California’s 113 community colleges.
College of the Canyons is among the fastest growing community colleges in the nation. It is widely recognized as a model community college for enhancing student access, success, and equity. In fact, its completion rates rank among the highest in the state. The college has also established a well-deserved reputation for bolstering economic development, and offering innovative career technical education responsive to industry needs.
The college has served the dynamic, growing Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding regions within a 367-square-mile area of northern Los Angeles County since 1969. Visionary leadership combined with a steady infusion of new residents and businesses create a spirit of possibilities that inspires the college to be flexible, creative, and attuned to the evolving needs of the community.
COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS
announces an employment opportunity for
Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty Position
Position # ACA17-282
Review Date: April 6, 2018
College of the Canyons is seeking a faculty leader in the area of Geography. This is a 10-MONTH professional, full-time tenure track position beginning Fall 2018. The position may include a combination of teaching, department, college, and community leadership functions. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend duties at all District sites.
Duties of the Position:
- Teaches a full load of courses in Geography in the areas of Physical, Atmospheric, Human, and Regional Geography with a commitment to excellence and currency.
- Participates in departmental field studies activities.
- Works with and supports department-related student groups such as the Geosciences Club.
- Participates in program, curriculum, and student learning outcomes (SLO) development, revision, and assessment.
- Maintains office hours and participates in department, division, and college committees and governance.
- Participates in and implements departmental and college program reviews.
- Participates in additional faculty responsibilities, including college decision-making activities related to professional and academic matters. The activities will occur both within the department as well as in the larger College setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a California Community College Instructor Credential in Geography
- Master’s degree in Geography
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography AND Master’s degree in Geology, History, Meteorology, or Oceanography
- Equivalency: An official transcript documenting successful completion of any Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education AND official transcripts documenting successful completion of 24 semester units in the discipline at the upper division and graduate level, a minimum of which must be 12 graduate level semester units;
Please copy and paste below link to browser for further details and complete job announcement:
Application Process: Application materials must be submitted by the end of the day in the Human Resources Offices on April 6, 2018. Applicants are encouraged to complete their application online. Please visit our website at: http://www.canyons.edu/Offices/HumanResources.
If you require assistance, please call the Human Resources Office at (661)362-3427 or our TTY Line at (661)362-5178. Applicants may check the status of their application online and may expect to be notified within approximately 4 weeks following the review date as to the status of their application.
The Santa Clarita Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities who need accommodation in order to complete the selection process should contact the Human Resources office directly at (661) 362-3427.