Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Program Manager, Industrial
Program Manager, Industrial
Starting salary range is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Coordinate the delivery, maintenance and marketing of non-credit, competency-based training and other educational opportunities for adults entering or currently employed in the industrial occupations, including in the fields of analyzers, electrical, instrumentation, machinist, millwright, pipefitting, process operations, welding and workplace safety. Responsible for instructional and operational aspects of open enrollment, grant-funded and contract training programs and courses, monitoring and scheduling classes, maintaining credentialing documents, securing classroom locations, equipment, textbooks, advising students, confirming enrollment and revenue statistics and marketing programs and courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Administration and Development
- Program management and maintenance of all Industrial related programs.
- Coordinate instructional programs and internship opportunities in compliance with accrediting agency guidelines, in accordance with college policies, procedures and goals, in response to occupational demand, and when appropriate, in alignment with professional continuing education requirements.
- Coordinate schedule creation and course delivery activities in accordance with program need and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain CEU course and instructor files as required by THECB, SACS, and applicable credentialing agencies.
- Recruit, screen, hire, supervise and evaluate instructors.
- Develop and track course/program budgets. Ensure expenditures are in compliance with the Center's policies and activities conducted remain within the approved operating budget.
- Provide continuing quality improvement through assessments of instruction and curriculum by staying abreast of major trends, and by tracking and evaluating the impact of courses and programs.
- Collaborate with other administrators to prepare course/program delivery.
- Promote courses and programs to increase enrollment and community awareness in accordance with Lee College's and the Center's marketing plan.
- Maintain contracts with third party providers and testing associations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, community leaders and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and analyze customer relations data to track program status and produce sales management reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department procedures, goals, strategic planning, and marketing initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities my include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the Center at college and community events.
- Advise students with program questions and concerns.
- Resolve student and faculty issues.
- Must maintain a strong rapport with students and instructors.
- Plan and coordinate special events/workshops.
- Assist with registration and answering phones as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree in an industrial field with four (4) years of management experience or a Bachelors (or higher) degree in applied business or other sciences
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a craft (instrumentation, analyzer, electrical, piping, process operations, etc.) or three (3) years of experience in a role that understands crafts and their technical responsibilities
- At least two (2) years of related work experience in community education, corporate training, professional continuing education, staff development, or similar instructional programs
- Experience with developing and/or delivering, developing, or managing work-based learning activities in a public or private setting
- Experience with business development activities
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams
- Knowledge of college systems and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with project management and/or scheduling
- Exceptional computer skills, to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, organize, and communicate information about varying technical complexity
- Able to efficiently navigate and effectively use the internet for research, marketing, and other forms of communication
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee College service area; however, professional development may require participation in conferences or similar activities at locations throughout the state of Texas.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6670
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |