Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning
Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning
Starting salary range of $63,268 - $69,595 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, D62. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Executive Vice President
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Director of Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning reports to the Executive Vice President and serves as a key member of the President's Cabinet. The Director will oversee college-wide processes and efforts to harvest data and convert that data into actionable information for decision-making. Working in a collaborative environment, the Director will provide leadership in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting data for internal users and processes, as well as preparing, developing, and publishing internal and external reports and surveys. The Director will support other key activities impacting student success, including program reviews, accreditation, and budgeting, as well as overseeing the College's assessment, effectiveness, and strategic planning initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and analyze data related to a wide variety of research projects, reports, studies, measures, and programs used for institutional planning, effectiveness, student success, student learning outcomes assessment, accreditation, and decision-making.
- Coordinate a systematic and integrated institutional assessment and planning process. Ensure integration of research outcomes in assessment, planning, and decision-making.
- Support the College's student success initiatives through regular consultation with the college-wide Student Success Alliance and through presenting disaggregated cohort analyses of student progression rates.
- Serve as the College's Chief Reporting Official for Coordinating Board, IPEDS, SACS institutional profiles, and other reports.
- Provide data and analytical support for all activities related to evaluation, assessment, program review, and accreditation. This support includes the design, implementation, assessment, and reporting of data management processes and procedures.
- Develop and provide data in support of grant applications, including status reporting and compliance reporting.
- Interact with personnel in the College's Information Technology area, as well as other areas to ensure data accuracy, availability, and integrity.
- Provide consultation to academic and administrative units on outcomes and assessment, research methodology, data management, and data analysis and interpretation for their programs of self-study, planning, and assessment activities.
- Lead the development of a Data Warehouse and a Dashboard of essential institutional metrics in conjunction with the College's Information Technology area.
Additional duties and responsibilities my include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise staff.
- Serve as a member of the Institutional Review Board and on institutional committees.
- Provide training for data retrieval and analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- Masters degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated skills in research, statistics, planning, and analytics acquired through formal or informal learning
- Three (3) years of professional experience in higher education research, data analysis, planning, and familiarity with institutional effectiveness initiatives
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Experience with relational databases and software used for data analysis such as SPSS or SAS and Excel
- Familiarity or willingness to learn PeopleSoft ERP software applications
- Proficiency in writing and presenting data-rich reports that are easily understood by the Colleges stakeholders
- People skills, including the ability to communicate across the college and externally, sensitive to the needs of students, staff, and faculty from a variety of backgrounds
- Work evenings and weekends as required
- Travel to off-campus locations
- Travel on assignment for professional development and training
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the President and Leadership Teams
- Attend Board of Regents meetings
- Attend regularly scheduled committee meetings
- Attend seminars, webinars, conferences, training, etc. to maintain and update technical knowledge regularly
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5313
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |