PT Film/TV Animation Instructor
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Teaching one or more of the following Film/TV Animation courses:
- F/TV 66A Basic Techniques of Animation: Stop Motion
- F/TV 67A Principles of Animation: 2D Media
- F/TV 68A Sound for Animation
- F/TV 70A The Storyboard and Visual Development for Animation
- F/TV 71G Introduction to 3D Computer Animation: Modeling
- F/TV 71H Introduction to 3D Computer Animation: Character Motion
- F/TV 72G Animated Film Pre-Production Workshop
- F/TV 72H Animated Film Production Workshop
- F/TV 72J Animated Film Post-Production Workshop
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master's in radio, television, film, mass communication or journalism OR
Bachelor's in any of the above AND
Master's in drama/theater arts, communication, communication studies, business, telecommunications or English OR the equivalent
: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Master's degree in Animation
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital and traditional animation production techniques and history in one or more of the following areas: 2D animation, 3D animation, stop-motion animation
- Portfolio / Reel of high-quality work created in a professional capacity as an animator
- Experience teaching at the community college level or higher
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
1. A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
3. A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position, which includes a link to your portfolio/reel.
4. If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency
for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. The form is available at http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/8?c=fhda