Director, Career Services: Class Specification (Job description) (Download PDF reader)
MSC Range 19; Full-time/Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
Tentative First Interviews: October 2023 (Via Zoom)
Tentative Second Interviews: October 2023 (In Person)
Anticipated Start Date: November 1, 2023
Application Tips for Success (Download PDF reader)
As the Director of Career Services at Butte College, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of dedicated professionals in providing comprehensive career development support to students and alumni. You will play a key role in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to enhance career readiness and success, including innovative programming, partnerships with employers, and utilization of cutting-edge technologies.
In this position, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, employers, and community partners. You will also have the opportunity to oversee the design and delivery of career development resources, including individualized advising, workshops, job fairs, and online tools. This role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of students and the broader community, as you help to prepare the next generation of professionals for success in a rapidly changing job market.
The current work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Over the summer the schedule changes to Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with Friday off.
Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Please visit the class specification (Download PDF reader) to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
All applicants, including current Butte College employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Resume or Vita: Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay: The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Transcripts of Academic Work: Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or visit our website.
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.