Part-Time Writing Center Lab Faculty Specialist (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Lab Faculty Specialist. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Writing Center, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $26,467-$37,149 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education Possess one of the following:
- Masters degree in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition; OR
- Bachelors degree in any of the above AND masters degree in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with a specialization in reading, creative writing or journalism; OR
- Masters degree in education, educational psychology, or instructional psychology, or other master s degree with emphasis in adult learning theory; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Lab Faculty Specialist duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Perform direct instruction of students in the Writing Center.
- Maintain accurate class, department, and other records conforming to state requirements and stated district and college needs.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, budget reports, rosters, class, and office schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of the semester work schedule for faculty and staff.
- Act as a facilitator relative to student, staff, administrative, and public concerns and inform the Dean of the nature, status, and action taken.
- Establish and maintain a close liaison with appropriate campus departments to keep abreast of the instructional and education needs, and coordinate the open lab programs efforts to meet those needs.
- Assist the Dean in developing, maintaining, and coordinating the use of supplies inventories, equipment, site licenses, and software in computer labs and related classrooms; assist the Dean in diagnosing/identifying and repairing software and equipment malfunctions/problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned in consultation with the Dean.
- Post and maintain office hours each week
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.