Adjunct - Computer Science Instructor (Huntsville Campus)
Salary: $48.96 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: FY202100057
Location: Huntsville Center - Huntsville, TX
Division: Huntsville Center
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Adjunct faculty must complete the Lee Teaching Online Certification course or provide documentation of training in distance education.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach freshman and sophomore-level Computer Science courses to students in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) correctional facilities
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Qualified candidates must have a Master's (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master's (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3538900/adjunct-computer-science-instructor-huntsville-campus