Intercollegiate Coach - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Bakersfield College. Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend and/or off-campus classes.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelors degree and two years of professional experience
Any associate degree and six years of professional experience
Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline
the equivalent. Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding and ability to manage the classroom environment
effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Masters in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education;
- OR Bachelors in any of the above AND Masters in any life science, dance, physiology,health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with administration, faculty, staff and student-athletes.
- Evidence of previous head coaching experience related to fundraising, community relations, maintaining budgets, managing assistant coachs, and recruiting.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10853
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.