Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
San Bernardino Community College District
Salary: $225,944.00 - $307,471.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Job Number: 00680
*THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED*
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 4:30 p.m. (PST) on July 31st, 2022, are assured consideration. Click here for the SBVC College President Brochure.
*Anticipated 1/1/2023 Hire*
- 1st round of applicant screening: Mid-August 2022
- 1st Level Interviews: Week of October 10th, 2022 (tentative)
- Public Forums & Additional Interviews: October 24th, 2022 - November 4th, 2022 (tentative)
- Submit to Board of Trustees for their December 9th, 2022, board meeting
Complete application packets need to include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (degree confer dates are required)
- Response to diversity question
- Response to six competencies listed below
The President is the Chief Administrative Officer of the college and has a direct reporting relationship to the District Chancellor. The President is responsible for administering and supervising the total college program. The President oversees planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and administrating all departments; participates in the development, review and implementation of District policies and procedures as they affect college activities. Represents the college to the community and directs the development of quality educational programs. Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Chancellor.
The following duties are typical for this classification.
- Assumes full management responsibility for an assigned college with SBVC including the budgets, personnel and activities of all college programs, divisions, departments and services.
- Manages the development and implementation of goals, objectives and priorities for assigned college and associated service area; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
- Establishes, within District policy, appropriate service and staffing levels for assigned college; monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedure; allocates resources accordingly.
- Assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement; directs and implements changes.
- Manages and participates in the development and administration of the assigned college budget; approves the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies, approves expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Participates in the formulation of District policy for Board consideration; develops administrative regulations and procedures, goals and objectives for the college consistent with District policy.
- Directs professional staff in long-range educational planning; develops and implements procedures for development, evaluation and revision of educational programs and related student services.
- Directs a continuous program of research to improve college's programs and meet the educational needs of the community.
- Participates in and makes recommendations on the hiring and dismissal of college faculty and staff; assists in developing performance standards and is responsible for the evaluation of all academic and classified employees of the college.
- Provides and encourages in-service training for college administrators, faculty and staff to promote professional growth, improve efficiency and quality of operations and to prepare employees for advancement.
- Is a role model for collegial consultation and shared decision making. Advocates shared governance and promotes collegiality, teamwork and respect among all the college constituencies. Creates an atmosphere conducive to a high faculty, staff and student morale.
- Provides leadership for institutional planning and works collegially on planning processes including development of the vision, mission statement, Educational Master Plan, facilities plan, strategic plan and budget.
- Provides overall leadership for the college's accreditation process. Ensures the ongoing maintenance oversight of the accreditation process.
- Provides leadership in the area of resource development through active participation in the fund-raising efforts of the college foundation, and active role in grants development. Works collegially with other District leaders to develop strategies to enhance resources.
- Represents the college to the community, promoting positive relationships and providing open communication with all constituency groups; builds strong partnerships with local schools, business, industry and government. Develops, positive public relations for the college and the District at the state and national levels by attending meetings; serving on committees and other activities.
- Consults with District administrators, analyzes long term facility needs; makes recommendations to District on additions, deletions or changes in the District five-year-plan and on maintenance and remodeling of the plant.
- Serves on or chairs committees including President's Cabinet, District Assembly and the Chancellor's Cabinet.
- Attends and participates in professional conferences, workshops and local, state, regional and national activities on behalf of the college.
- Demonstrate commitment to the offering of programs that is relevant to the current needs of business and industry.
- Acts as the primary authority, under emergency situations, to protect the safety and health of student and staff under the District procedures.
- Implements all provisions of collective bargaining agreements, the California Education Code, and all applicable state and federal laws.
- May be assigned professional responsibilities beyond the scope of the college.
- Explains, justifies, and defends college programs, policies, and activities; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
- Performs related duties as required.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Operations, services, and activities of a community college.
- Advanced principles, practices, and theories of higher education.
- Advanced principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Philosophy, objectives and functions of California Community Colleges.
- District policies and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and county regulations as they affect community college programs.
- Principles, practices and use of research as it relates to community college education.
- Trends in community college programs.
- Local community needs.
- Principles and practices of personnel management
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Plan organize, direct and evaluate the activities, programs and personnel of the college. Develop and evaluate comprehensive plans to satisfy present and future college and community needs. Inspire and motivate professional staff.
- Develop and administer college educational goals objectives, and procedures. Analyze and assess programs, policies, and operational needs and make appropriate adjustments. Identify and response to coordinate the work of lower level staff. Delegate authority and responsibility. Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Prepare and administer large and complex budgets.
- Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Successful senior-level administrative leadership experience.
- Three years of management and supervisory experience.
DQ1: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-racism (DEIA), including, but not limited to the applicant's responses to the DEIA statement and competencies.
DQ2: Two (2) years full-time or four (4) years part-time faculty experience in either an instructional or non-instructional area.
DQ3: Five (5) years managerial experience in higher education with at least two (2) years in a senior leadership role.
DQ4: Two (2) years full-time experience working in a community college.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Please describe how you have met the following competencies in your current and previous work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to actionable anti-racism at all levels of the college and decolonization of the institution.
- Demonstrates a commitment to equity, access, and success for our historically marginalized populations.
- Experience with shared governance in a way that proactively models collegial consultation among all constituency groups.
- Understands and advocates for fiscally responsible decision-making models that are transparent, fair, equitable, and in alignment with student-centered goals.
- Exemplifies a well-defined leadership style, and a personable, accessible, and accountable administrator who builds trust, operates with a high level of integrity, and uplifts stakeholder groups, regardless of title or position.
- Demonstrates a skilled and effective communication style that shows a commitment to listening to students, faculty, staff and community partners, values transparency and accountability, nurtures different viewpoints, and communicates with proficiency, accuracy, timeliness, and discernment relative to the audience.
The person selected for hire will be required to complete the following pre-employment requirements:
- Submit to and successfully pass DOJ live scan/fingerprinting. Cost of live-scan services to be borne by candidate.
- Sealed official transcript(s) in envelope from institution or electronic copies emailed directly from institution.
- Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment
- Other pre-employment requirements may be required depending on the position (i.e. certifications or licenses; see job posting qualifications section for details).
Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with the search committee. It is expected that these interviews will take place the week of October 10th, 2022 (tentative) . Applicants interested in competing for this position should be prepared to make themselves available during this week.
The search committee will review all applications meeting minimum qualifications and conduct individual interviews with those applicants deemed most qualified. All inquiries and applications will be held in the strictest confidence by the search committee.
The finalists will be interviewed by the Chancellor and will participate in public forums held on the campus after these interviews. Candidates invited for final interviews, and who travel more than 200 miles, will be provided reimbursement in accordance with District policy.
The new President will be selected in December, 2022 and will assume duties on or about January 1, 2023.
Salary and other conditions of employment will be competitive, negotiated with the Chancellor, and in commensuration with the candidate's background and experience.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3594499/college-president
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |