Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Supervisor, Computer Support; Arts & Digital Media Division
Job Description Summary:
To maintain, install, support, and supervise Austin Community College (ACC) network computer systems and peripheral equipment and related staff for Arts & Digital Media; provides professional-level network support functions and customer assistance services.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, and disciplines personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
2) Provides technical support, training, and assistance; analyzes problems and implements solutions according to Division and Department guidelines and procedures; performs network and server administrator duties, and assures system stability, accessibility, and proper configuration of assigned technical systems and components.
3) Performs computer troubleshooting to diagnose system problems; analyzes hardware and software functionality; identifies, locates, resolves, and repairs problems within scope of authority.
4) Monitors network environment; resolves configuration and connectivity issues, and other traffic, security and access problems; checks network for operating efficiency, makes corrective adjustments to data management settings, and assures system integrity.
5) Performs ongoing technical tuning of the network systems to improve performance.
6) Maintains and updates Arts & Digital Media division and department computers, workstations, network systems, equipment and peripherals; installs software upgrades, enhancements, and revised functions.
7) Coordinates response to the needs and inquiries of users; explains IT issues, deploys solutions, and follows up with users to assure the stability and functionality of the users' systems.
8) Reports technical problems which need to be addressed by improved policies or procedures.
9) Coordinates the training of users on software applications usage and configuration issues.
10) Collects technical and administrative information and compiles data for reports.
11) Provides input in the development of hardware and software budgets; evaluates and recommends hardware and software for purchase.
12) May assist with website management.
* Structure and operating capabilities of multiple network operating systems.
* Network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment troubleshooting techniques.
* Administration and maintenance principles of multiple network operating domains, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
* Network topologies and protocols, and Internet technical knowledgebase services.
* Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
* Assessing ACC network support needs, and developing and promoting effective solutions.
* Using procedural programming languages, and Structured Query Language (SQL).
* Operating and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
* Solving technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms.
* Make recommendations that impact the budget.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
* Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
* Associate degree. Four years of related work experience may substitute for the degree. Experience used here cannot be used again to meet the experience requirement or for placement purposes. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a variety of settings.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
* May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
* Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
$54,044 - $67,555
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 7, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.