Senior Library Media Technician (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022. Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
To organize, assign, and review the work of assigned staff engaged in operation of a community college campus library or Learning Resources and Success Center; to perform duties requiring specialized knowledge; and to provide technical support to an assigned supervisor.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not included.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible journey level experience similar to Library Media Technician with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
- Equivalent to an Associates degree from an accredited college with major coursework in library technology or a related field.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Plan, prioritize, and review the work of staff assigned to a variety of library duties involving direct services to students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Collect payments; post and clear library debts using appropriate college database systems; reconcile receipts.
- Set up, operate, and demonstrate public computer workstations and associated instructional and library equipment; schedule and coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Research vendors and order materials for the library collection using advanced methodology and multiple resources; assure that materials comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Resolve patron conflicts and issues; maintain security and enforce rules of conduct; troubleshoot and monitor the book detection system.
- Perform the most difficult work related to day-to-day operations of a campus library or Learning Resources and Success Center, including communicating with instructors to ensure that class reserve materials are accurate and available to students, and monitoring required textbook lists in conjunction with class schedules and usage statistics.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.