GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership in all facets of program design, academic advising services, staff development, systems development and program assessment for Academic Advising including: Advising Center, Transfer Advising, Student Readiness, and all advising technology.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Leadership and Management
1. Oversees the delivery of proactive advising services for all prospective and current students.
2. Provides strategic vision, aligning departmental goals with institutional strategic plans.
3. Ensures student records and departmental practices are in compliance with local and federal policy and guidelines.
4. Engages with regional and national organizations for professional development.
5. Develops and implements campus-wide advisor professional development opportunities.
6. Oversees academic intervention initiatives such as Student Success/Early Intervention, Academic Review, Academic Probation and Academic Dismissal.
7. Directs the training and on-going support for technology-enabled advising technology including EXi Advising and Early Alert.
8. Maintains a caseload of advisees.
9. Provides leadership and direction to the Office of Student Readiness. Remains current on academic preparation as it relates to student enrollment and retention.
10. Collaborates with the Director of Institutional Research in on-going assessment of the effectiveness of the department. Coordinates planning and evaluation activities and oversees reports, program reviews and strategic planning, etc.
11. Oversees the advisor assignment process as prescribed by college policy and the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
12. Collaborates with academic leadership to ensure consistent advising practices campus-wide.
13. Serves as Jenzabar advising and early alert module manager. Attends Jenzabar Operations committee meetings.
1. Supervises professional and administrative staff including academic advisors, student readiness staff, enrollment counselor, and administrative staff.
2. Assists in the search process for new employees.
3. Clearly defines and evaluates performance expectations.
4. Communicates information to staff via multiple platforms; conducts weekly staff meetings.
5. Maintains staff schedules, requests for time off, and weekly timesheet approval.
6. Promotes a positive work environment which encourages free exchange of ideas and empowers staff development.
7. Conducts annual performance evaluations.
Fiscal Management and Contract Services
1. Prepares and monitors annual budgets for all departmental programs and activities.
2. Supports campus grant activities, goals, and reporting requirements.
1. Participates in the planning and implementation of all matters pertaining to the division of Student Services and Enrollment Management.
2. Serves on College Meeting committees and other committees as assigned.
3. Develops, manages, and implements other related projects as necessary.
1. Master’s degree in education, student personnel, counseling, or a master’s degree with five years of progressively more responsible work experience in academic advising, student retention or student success programs, including staff development and evaluation in a college setting.
2. Two years of supervisory experience.
3. Experience using technology in the advising process, academic pathways, and student retention services.
4. Knowledge of student development theory and practice to improve student retention.
5. Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; adaptable and flexible.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Fluent speaker and writer of Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese, or other world language.
2. Community college experience.
3. Experience with the integration of technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in the teaching-learning-advising process.