Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Full-Time Welding Instructor
Full-Time Welding Instructor
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
The full-time Welding instructor will instruct our students in the craft of welding with SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW processes, cutting with oxyfuel and plasma, joint preparation, theory, and weld quality. This instruction will prepare students for employment in construction, manufacturing, and heavy industry.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Welding courses.
- Maintain workplace safety standards in accordance with industry best practices.
- Keep labs stocked and clean.
- Help to develop and integrate online content for the web-enhanced learning environment.
- Must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Welding program.
- Recruit and promote welding and other Industrial Studies Programs.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree in Welding OR ten (10) years of related work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., Welding or Welding Inspector) AND must be able to obtain an Associates degree in two (2) years, with no class overloads until the degree is complete OR no with degree twenty (20) years of related work experience in a qualifying field (i.e., Welding or Welding Inspector)
- Ten (10) years of experience welding with SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW processes, and cutting with oxyfuel and plasma OR five (5) years of related work experience with five (5) years of experience in welding inspection with certification by AWS, API, ASNT, or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a 6G pipe welding test with the SMAW and GTAW processes, or provide evidence of recent certification from an employer
- Current certification in good standing as a Certified Welding Educator, and/or as a Certified Welding Inspector from the American Welding Society (AWS)
- Experience with the use of Learning Management Systems, such as Blackboard, Pearson NCCERconnect, etc.
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Prior online teaching experience and online/distance education certification
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7299
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |